Senior C/C++ Software Engineer- Hypervisor
2017 Jan 26
This position is part of our Hypervisor R&D team, located in Cluj-Napoca, passionately researching how virtualization technologies can strengthen OS security.
Bitdefender Hypervisor is our proprietary bare metal hypervisor, consisting of a module loading before the operating system, taking over the hardware resources and further running Windows as a virtual machine. Taking advantage of hardware virtualization technologies (Intel VT-x, EPT, VT-d), this approach allows us to secure the operating system against the most advanced, state-of-the-art malware, including rootkits and zero-day exploits.
This environment is a place where innovation sparks and groundbreaking ideas and solutions emerge.
Your mission will be to act as a team player in researching, designing, developing, and improving features in Bitdefender Hypervisor. You will be part of a young and enthusiastic team of highly qualified software engineers and you will have the opportunity to let your creativity thrive, while shaping the next generation of security solutions.
- Develop a good understanding of Intel virtualization technologies
- Develop hypervisor features, unit tests, test automation environments
- Develop features in project related windows drivers or user-mode components
- Write technical whitepapers, papers, and patent applications
- Analyze and evaluate technical requirements, feasibility of ideas and proposed solutions
- Perform experimental research & prototyping
- Execute tests, interpret the results, investigate, and report bugs
- Work with others QAs and developers to ensure that the quality of the developed software permanently meets our high demands of quality
Technical skills and expertise
- Excellent C/C++ skills
- Good x86/x64 architecture knowledge
- Good debugging and troubleshooting skills
- General operating system internals and concepts knowledge
- Windows architecture and programming knowledge is a plus
- Basic scripting skills
- A good understanding of QA methodologies, QA test plans, test case development and bug reporting process
- Experience with Agile / SCRUM development practices
- Fast and continuous learning
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Analytical skills & problem solving
- Attention to details
- Creativity and innovation
- Interpersonal and team-oriented skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Presentation skills.
Apply to this job
- Work on great technologies & products;
- Work in a team that is contributing to our growing worldwide success - 500 million users are already protected by Bitdefender Technologies;
- Have an excellent chance to finish your studies if you are a student, including getting Master’s and PhD degrees – we truly
- support this, and actively promote researching, publishing and internationally patenting great ideas;
- Enjoy a very professional yet relaxed working environment;
- Benefit from flexible working hours;